The University of Michigan Office of Academic Innovation (AI) respects your privacy and is committed to protecting it.
II. Collection of Information
While using our public web pages, you do not have to identify yourself or divulge personal information. We may collect general information from you that does not identify you personally. This may include data such as your domain name, the name of the web page from which you entered our site, and which of our web pages you visited and for how long. We aggregate this information to help us better focus on the needs and interests of our visitors and improve the overall functionality of our website.
As you use our website, we will not collect any personal information including your name, street address, email address, and telephone number, unless you provide the information to us voluntarily. For purposes of this Policy, “personally identifiable information” is information that identifies you as an individual, for example, your name, street address, telephone number, email address or credit card number.
When you view our website, we may store some information on your computer in the form of a cookie. Cookies allow us to tailor our website to better match your interests and preferences. Usage of a cookie is in no way linked to any of your personally identifiable information while on our site. You have the ability to accept or decline cookies. Most Web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. If you choose to decline cookies, you may not be able to fully experience all features and content of our website.
IV. Use and Sharing of Information
When you do provide us with personal data, we may use that information in the following ways: in addition to providing you with information about AI news and events, this may also include such things as:
• Fulfilling Site user requests (e.g., create log in credentials, send marketing or promotional materials including e-mails, change newsletter preferences, etc.)
• Responding to your requests for information
• Contacting you about promotional offers, marketing programs, or communications from AI, and other University of Michigan programs and services based on your website or email activity and/or selected interests
• Tracking, measuring and analyzing your use of and activity relating to the Site, and your engagement with AI, the University of Michigan and their programs, services and activities, in order to enhance AI’s and the University’s relationships with you
• Fulfilling a request for or to develop new products or services
• Contacting you if necessary in the course of processing or shipping an order for products or services
• Generating analytics that improve our Site layout, content, product offerings and services
• Making inferences and predictions about your potential areas of interest
• Complying with legal requirements
• Compiling aggregate and statistical data to help in website design and to identify popular features
• Measuring site activity to allow us to update our Site to better meet user wants and needs
• Processing credit card information to properly bill your account (when applicable)
If we use your personal data to contact you, we will provide you with a method allowing you to opt-out of future communication. You can also contact us by e-mail, writing or telephoning, at the below contact information.
We will not sell, share, or otherwise distribute your personally identifiable information to third parties, except as required by law.
On some pages of our Site we may allow third-party advertising partners to set web tracking tools (e.g., cookies and web beacons) to collect anonymous, non-personally identifiable information regarding your activities on those pages (e.g., your IP address, page(s) visited, time of day). We may also share such information we have collected with third-party advertising partners. These advertising partners may use this information (and similar information collected from other websites) for purposes of delivering future targeted advertisements to you when you visit this Site.
This Site may use a third-party click tracking analytics tool (such as Google Analytics and the Salesforce Marketing Cloud) to capture clickthrough statistics.
Because there is not yet a common understanding of how to interpret web browser-based “Do Not Track” (DNT) signals, AI does not process or respond to DNT signals.
AI makes every effort to insure that information available through and functionality of the Site is consistent and accessible across all devices, however certain features that are available on the Site may not be available on the related mobile site or app, and vice versa.
For further information about AI, please visit website at http://ai.umich.edu/about-ai.
VI. Access to Your Personal Information
Upon request you can review, update and correct the personal information you provided to us through our Site. To access this information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us toll free at 734.764.2010.
You can write to us at University of Michigan, Office of Academic Innovation, Harlan Hatcher Graduate Library, 913 South University, Ann Arbor, MI 48109.
VII. Our Commitment to Security
We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to protect against the loss, misuse or alteration of the information under our control.
All of your information is restricted in our offices. Only employees who need the information to perform a specific job are granted access to personally identifiable information. If you are uncomfortable sharing your personal data on the Internet, please contact us at the below addresses or telephone number.
VIII. Changes to this Statement
IX. How to Contact Us
Our postal address is:
Office of Academic Innovation
913 South University
Ann Arbor, Michigan 48109
We can be reached via e-mail at email@example.com
You can reach us by telephone at 734.764.2010.