The University of Michigan’s mission is to serve the people of the world. Our community develops leaders and citizens who will challenge the present and enrich the future. Together, we create and apply knowledge. The Center for Academic Innovation supports and catalyzes innovation in teaching and learning, working with our faculty and staff partners around campus to further U-M’s mission.
Who we work with: We are proud to have worked with representatives from every school and college at U-M and hope to continue expanding our network of faculty and staff. Sometimes the people we work with have years of experience in educational technologies or online learning, but often they do not. If you have an interest in exploring the types of problems solved by Academic Innovation and our partners, then we want to hear from you.
Ways to get involved:
- Create a MOOC: From design and filming to post-launch maintenance, we are your partner for online courses. Many participating faculty receive in-kind and funding support.
- Use our Software: From personalized coaching to practicing for exams, our tools can be used to support your residential students. Our staff is here to help you get started.
- Build Software: We are taking proposals for our software and design teams. Whether you’ve started something you want to take to the next level or have a great idea for educational tool but want help getting started, we want to hear your idea. This may result in a funded project.
- Join a Learning Community: Join these facilitated learning communities to connect with other faculty and staff working on similar problems around U-M.
- Get in Touch: You may have ideas or questions that don’t fit in the above options. These are welcome at Academic Innovation. Simply get in touch and we’ll explore it together.