Together with our partners, the Center for Academic Innovation is pleased to invite applications for the 2022 cohort of the Public Engagement Faculty Fellowship.
The program is designed for faculty who are interested in reflecting deeply on past and future public engagement efforts and is most appropriate for individuals who are interested in experimenting in or leveling up their public engagement practice. All levels of experience, as well as interests in any form of public engagement, are welcome.
University of Michigan-Ann Arbor faculty from all schools and colleges are encouraged to apply to the Public Engagement Faculty Fellowship—including tenured and tenure-track faculty, research faculty, curatorial faculty, clinical faculty, and lecturers.
Please note: All LEO Lecturers are eligible to participate in the Studio Experience. Lecturers II and IV are eligible for Phase 2: Project Support with permission and a verification letter from their home unit. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with questions about eligibility.
There are two tracks to participating in the Public Engagement Faculty Fellowship: as a Fellow, or as a Mentor Fellow.
Faculty who are interested in significant learning or experimentation, with the goal of exploring different forms of engaged work in order to try something new in their practice.
- Receive $1500 as discretionary research funds for successfully completing the Studio Experience
- Are eligible to apply for up to $10,000 and in-kind support during Phase 2
Faculty who are interested in considering deeply and sharing about how public engagement has shaped their scholarly identity and experience. Mentor Fellows:
- Have a significant role in shaping the learning community and Studio Experience with structured activities and opportunities to mentor the Fellows
- Receive $2000 as discretionary research funds for successfully completing the Studio Experience
- Are not eligible to propose a project during Phase 2
2022 Application & Selection Timeline
- Applications open: Monday, October 18, 2021
- Applications close: Wednesday, December 1, 2021
- Invited group conversations with the previous PEFF cohort: January 31 – February 11, 2022
- Cohort Notified: late February 2022
- Hybrid Studio Experience: May 17 – June 16, 2022
How to Apply
Applications for the Public Engagement Faculty Fellowship must be received by 11:59 p.m. on Wednesday, December 1, 2021. The selected cohort will be notified by late February 2022.
Please note that previous members of PEFF cohorts are not eligible for the 2022 cohort.