An Update on the Growing Michigan Online Community
Molly Maher, Behavioral Scientist
Michigan Online brings all University of Michigan massive open online courses (MOOCs), Teach-Outs, and online learning experiences together in one place. Browse the catalog, find an opportunity of interest, and join leading experts at the University of Michigan to learn what you want, whenever you want.
It also connects the campus community to Coursera for Michigan, which gives U-M faculty, staff, and students free access to receive certificates from Coursera upon completing courses created by University of Michigan faculty and instructional teams.
Learners who joined us on Michigan Online and Coursera for Michigan quickly began enrolling in and completing courses. Check out some of the numbers below.[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row][vc_column width=”1/1″][vc_gallery el_id=”gallery-563147″ isotope_mode=”packery” random=”yes” medias=”84170,84169,84168,84167″ gutter_size=”3″ screen_lg=”1000″ screen_md=”600″ screen_sm=”480″ single_overlay_opacity=”50″ single_padding=”2″][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row][vc_column width=”1/1″][vc_column_text]
To join fellow learners and U-M experts in online learning opportunities, check out Michigan Online. Here are some ways to make the most of your visit:
- Looking to grow your skill set, change your career path, or explore a new topic? Browse our catalog to connect with online learning experiences relevant to your interests.
- As you master skills and gain knowledge with online learning experiences, you can use certificates and credentials to share your accomplishments. Read more about the types of credentials available with U-M online content.
- Teach-Outs. These free and open online learning events allow you to learn, discuss, and create impact. Teach-Outs bring people from around the world together to learn about and address the biggest topics in society. During each of these online learning events, you hear from diverse experts, discuss and connect with other participants, and consider potential action you can take in your own communities. There is typically one Teach-Out available at a time, so keep an eye out for new offerings.
- If you are part of the U-M campus community, join us on Coursera for Michigan to gain free access to all of U-M’s Coursera courses and certificates. Visit the Coursera for Michigan page on Michigan Online to get started. Don’t worry about your performance in these courses, they are meant to be open learning opportunities and are in no way associated with your grades or staff evaluations.
- Join our email list to stay in touch as more is added to Michigan Online.