Eric Joyce, Marketing Specialist
April 13 marks the third annual Health Professions Education (HPE) Day, an event designed to spark interprofessional collaboration, networking and inspiration for future research and practice supporting educational efforts across the health professions schools at University of Michigan. The Office of Academic Innovation is proud to participate again as an event co-sponsor of HPE Day 2017. The program will include poster and panel sessions, as well as a discussion of best practices in the implementation of interprofessional education from Jeanette Mladenovic, MD, MBA, MACP, Former Executive Vice President and Provost for Oregon Health & Science University.
You can review a full schedule here and register for HPE Day 2017 here.
Later that day, the Department of Health Management and Policy within the U-M School of Public Health will host a panel discussion about The Future of Obamacare: Repeal, Repair or Replace. Dr. Kenneth E. Warner, Avedis Donabedian Distinguished University Professor of Public Health, will moderate a panel discussion about the different policy options for the future of the Affordable Care Act, and the potential impact of changes on the American healthcare system. This panel is held in celebration of the 75th Anniversary of the School of Public Health and will also function as part of the upcoming Teach-Out launching May 12.
In addition to the May Teach-Out, Academic Innovation has partnered with many U-M health science schools to bolster new innovations in health education including:
- Drs. B. Kathleen Alsup, Glenn M. Fox, John Stribley and Kelli A. Sullivan’s Anatomy XSeries
- Dr. Caren Stalburg and Dr. Cheryl Lee’s Breast Density Notification modular courses
- The Child and Adolescent Injury Prevention MOOC created by Dr. Andrew Hashikawa in collaboration with Drs. Lisa Buckley, Rebecca Cunningham and Sarah Stoddard.
- Dr. Caren Stalburg’s Instructional Methods in Health Professions Education MOOC
- Dr. Elizabeth Du’s Introduction to Cataract Surgery MOOC
- Introduction to Interprofessional Education online module, created with the Michigan Center for Interprofessional Education and faculty and students from across the U-M health science schools
- Dr. Monica L. Lypson’s Service Transformed – Lessons in Veteran-Centered Care for Health Professionals MOOC
- Dr. Ralph Lydic and Dr. Helen Baghdoyan’s now completed Sleep: Neurobiology, Medicine and Society MOOC
- Dr. Sally Santen’s Teaching and Assessing Clinical Skills MOOC
- Dr. Leslie Quint and Dr. Rishindra Reddy’s Thoracic Oncology MOOC
- Dr. Matthew Davis’s Understanding and Improving US Healthcare, which was offered as a traditional MOOC as well as an exclusive “residential MOOC” opportunity for U-M students
- Dr. Melissa Gross’s Using Hybrid Modular Courses to Scale Up Engaged Learning in Kinesiology residential courses
We encourage everyone to take part in this exciting opportunity to learn about, grow and support innovative new ideas within health education. For additional event details, please visit the HPE Day website.